New York Construction Report staff writer
Gov. Kathy Hochul has announced $100 million to repave State roadways impacted by extreme weather. The funding will go to repaving projects at 64 locations – almost 520 lane miles of pavement.
“We are making historic investments in transportation infrastructure to create safer roads and smooth, hassle-free commutes for all travelers,” Hochul said in a statement. “New York is home to extreme weather year-round, and this $100 million in funding will be vital to helping ensure that our road conditions are safe for our hardest-hit communities.”
“Weather these days is more intense more often, necessitating the need for vital and timely maintenance of our infrastructure,” said New York State Department of Transportation Commissioner Marie Therese Dominguez.
The largest chunk of funding – $9 million – will go to resurface Northern State Parkway from Meadowbrook State Parkway to Wantagh State Parkway in the Town of North Hempstead and the Village of Westbury, Nassau County.
The largest projects include:
$2.1 million to resurface Route 22 from Route 346 to the bridge over Hoosick River in the Towns of Hoosick and Petersburgh, Rensselaer County.
$1.9 million to resurface Route 67 from Route 9 to Mechanicville City Line in the Towns of Stillwater and Malta, Saratoga County.
$1.9 million to resurface Route 40 from Route 149 to Route 22 in the Towns of Fort Ann, Granville and Hartford, Washington County.
$3.6 million to resurface Route 20 and Old Route 20 (Route 980C) from their Route 22 intersections to the Massachusetts State Line in the Town of New Lebanon, Columbia County.
North Country Region
- $3.6 million to resurface Route 22 from Lake Shore Road to Fish and Game Road in the Towns of Westport and Essex, Essex County.
- $1.3 million to resurface Route 26 from Denmark (near Wilson Road) to Jefferson County Line in the Town of Denmark, Lewis County.
Mohawk Valley Region
- $1.4 million to resurface Route 331 from the Montgomery County Line to Route 29 in the Town of Oppenheim, Fulton County.
- $1.4 million to resurface Route 5S from Steele Creek to the Mohawk Station (East Main St) in the Town of German Flatts and the Villages of Ilion and Mohawk, Herkimer County.
- $2.5 million to resurface Route 5S from the Montgomery – Otsego – Schoharie Solid Waste Authority Transfer Station to Fultonville in the Towns of Root and Glen and the Village of Fultonville, Montgomery County.
- $1.7 million to resurface Route 28 from Route 357 to Main Street in the Towns of Franklin and Oneonta, Delaware and Otsego Counties.
Central New York Region
- $2.3 million in additional funds to add resurfacing of Carrier Circle and Military Circle to the project resurfacing Route 635/Thompson Road from Route 290 to Route 298 and Route 298 from Route 598 to Carrier Circle in the Towns of DeWitt and Salina, Onondaga County.
- $3.4 million to resurface Route 31 from Cicero North Syracuse High School to South Bay Road in the Town of Cicero, Onondaga County.
- $5.3 million to replace pavement markings and audible roadway delineators on various state highways in Cayuga, Cortland, Onondaga, Oswego, Seneca and Tompkins Counties.
Finger Lakes Region
- $2.5 million to resurface Route 383 from Village of Scottsville to Route 36, Route 36 from Route 383 to Monroe/Livingston County Line, Route 251 from Oatka Creek to the bridge over Genesee River, Route 940H from Route 251 to Monroe/Livingston County Line, and Route 253 from Route 383 to the bridge over Genesee River in the Town of Wheatland, Monroe County.
- $2.2 million to resurface Route 20A in the Village of Warsaw and Route 19 from the south Warsaw Village Line to the north Wyoming Village Line in the Towns of Warsaw and Middlebury, Wyoming County.
- $2 million to resurface Route 64 from Routes 5 & 20 to Taylor Road in the Towns of East Bloomfield and West Bloomfield, Ontario County.
- $2 million to resurface Route 20 from Route 77 to Route 98 in the Towns of Darien and Alexander and the Village of Alexander, Genesee County.
Western New York Region
- $2.44 million to resurface Route 219 from 0.3 miles North of Irish Hill Road intersection to the 219 Expressway North bound ramp at Peters Road in the Towns of Ashford and Ellicottville, Cattaraugus County.
- $2.2 million to resurface Route 5 (Buffalo Skyway) from Kane Street to the Buffalo Skyway Bridge in the Cities of Buffalo and Lackawanna, Erie County.
Southern Tier Region
- $1.5 million to resurface Route 12 from Theresa Boulevard to Oak Hill Road in the Town of Chenango, Broome County.
- $1.7 million to resurface Route 96 from Route 21 to Route 34 in the Towns of Candor and Spencer and the Village of Spencer, Tioga County.
- $1.5 million to resurface Route 97 from just south of Ferry Street to John Deck Road in the Towns of Fremont and Hancock, Delaware and Sullivan counties.
- $5.2 million to resurface Route 35/202 from the Taconic State Parkway interchange to Route 118 in the Town of Yorktown, Westchester County.
- $3.6 million to resurface Route 52 from Route 311 to Fowler Avenue in the Towns of Carmel and Kent, Putnam County.
- $3.6 million to resurface Route 28 from Hurley Mountain Road to Waughkonk Road in the Towns of Ulster and Kingston, Ulster County