10-story Bronx building breaks ground

0
533
Download Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14lHsoNmcNWXTDsQKYuRUE3tY1Ik4WSN6/view?usp=sharing

New York City-based nonprofit organization The Doe Fund has broken ground to launch the construction of 68 units of affordable and supportive housing at 3188 Villa Ave., located in the Bedford Park/Special Grand Concourse District of The Bronx.

Construction of the 10-story building is expected to be complete by 2020. The building was designed by DeLaCour Ferrara & Church Architects, and the building contractor is Mega Contracting Group.

The building will include 60 studio units and eight one-bedroom apartments. According to the nonprofit, 60% of the units (41 units) will be reserved for formerly homeless individuals, while the remaining 40% (27 units) will be occupied by either individuals or households from the NYCHA wait-list.

The Doe Fund will provide onsite supportive services to residents, including comprehensive case management, linkages to health care, and other critical services, such as job preparedness, employment training, and drug/alcohol prevention services. Other amenities will include 24-hour professionally staffed security, energy-efficient appliances and building systems, and shared community spaces, including a bike room, community room, and a rear garden.

Chase Community Development Banking is financing the project. Other key project partners include NYC Housing Preservation and Development, NYC Housing Authority, the Corporation for Supportive Housing, and NYC Human Resources Administration.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

19 + eight =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.